Saturday 3 February 2018

Getting Fab with Foil - Scrap 'n Stamp Designer Challenge

It's time for another Designer Challenge at Scrap 'n Stamp.
If you are following along the blog hop then you have come here from Tara's post at the Scrap 'n Stamp Blog. This month the designers were challenged to use Ranger Foil Sheets.
Full disclosure - I haven't used these foil sheets very much so there was a lot of trial & error in creating these cards. I'm sure there are better ways to transfer the foil but I'm pretty happy with these results. I hope you do too.

~Here are the completed cards~

I applied the foil on the background and on my focal point.

I used sticky embossing powder to transfer the foil to my stamped images. The sticky embossing powder didn't give me a perfect transferred image but I sort of liked the result.

Using a bone folder helped to transfer the foil to the sticky embossing folder.

The Sketched Layered Fronds stamp from Dina Wakley Media was fun to use for this technique. The top layer left a fabulous foiled outline to the solid base stamp.

Watch the step-by-step video I made to see how I created these cards from beginning to end.

Be sure to check out the other designers blog for more Fab With Foil inspiration.  Be sure to leave comments at all the stops along the way and you could win a pack of  Ranger Foil Sheets!

Julia Chupik -------> You're here!


Products Used:


7 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous I love the different colours you used and how you also did the background. love love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous your
    cards look. Great
    way to use the foil.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful!! I love the layers of colour on that pretty image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I so totally adore these cards, the colors, image and the background, they’re so bright and vibrant, they are just so so beautiful! Thank you so so much for sharing!! I haven’t watched your video yet but I will because I absolutely love these cards, excellent excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love these designs! Have to have the Dina Wakley stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your foil transferred. It gave a more casual distressed look I prefer myself. Really beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!