Friday 24 November 2017

Tim Holtz Tag Swap - #2

I just participated in my 2nd Tim Holtz Tag Swap. 
I designed & created these tags for 2 fellow Tim Holtz Addicts - Sarah & Megan.


I started with 2 Kraft tags & 4 colours of Distress Oxides ~ 
Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Wilted Violet & Spiced Marmalade.

I applied the Worn Lipstick & Spiced Marmalade inks with an ink blending tool 
& spritzed with some water.

Next step - I applied each colour separately to my craft mat and dipped my tag into in. 
I did this with all four colours.

Next step - I took the 'honeycomb' die from the Mixed Media set from Sizzix & 
die cut some of the edges of my tag. These are going to be the top layer of my tag.

I die cut the main part of my tags as a card. I applied the Worn Lipstick & Spiced Marmalade with a blending tool to the inside of the 'card'. I spritzed one side the 'Blocks' layering stencil with some water then laid it on the card. I let it sit for about 30 seconds before lifting it off and repeating on the other side.

Next step ~ (sorry I forgot to take photos) for the outside of my 'card' I used the same 4 colours of Ditress Oxides & the same techniques used on the first set of tags. I ended with blending Seedless Preserves on the front of one card and Wilted Violet on the front of the other.
I then took the 2 tags I made first and adhered them over the front of the cards.
I also took some of the 'honeycomb' pieces and adhered them on the back of my card.

To create my flowers I blended Distress Oxides on to a piece of smooth white cardstock. I stamped the flowers from the Flower Jar stamp set all over my card stock then used the coordinating die set to cut them out.

I used an x-acto knife to cut a tiny slit in the 'jar', then slide the stems of the flower through and adhered with some tape.

I stamped my sentiment inside my card and adhered a few of the extra flowers below it.

My tag cards were finished and ready to mailed off to new crafty friends.



2 comments:

  1. Julie, For the life of me I cannot remember what you call the little tag stand you are using, so I have no way to purchase one. If possible would you mind telling me what you call those. I love the colors in your tag. Makes me think Spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the delay in my response. That's called a floral frog. I bought mine at Michaels in the floral section, it was beside the green floral tape. I have 2 small ones (good for cards & tags) and one large one.
      I hope this helps.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!