Friday 3 February 2017

Cherish Moments - Mixed Media Layout

Welcome to my blog!
Today I'm here to share a 12x12 mixed media layout I created for The Scrap Shack.
The Scrap Shack now carries a selection of chipboard from Southern Ridge Trading Co.

I created this layout with a couple of Southern Ridge Trading Co chipboard die cuts;
some discontinued papers from my stash in reds & browns & a
Found Relative card from Tim Holtz Idea-ology.

I started by trimming down one patterned paper down to 11.5"x11.5" to layer over a darker
12x12 pattern paper.

I used my Tim Holtz Distress Tool on the edges.

Next I sprayed some Prima Color Bloom (Worn Leather) randomly over the 
11.5"x11.5" pattern paper & I dried it with my heat gun.
I took the spray cap off the bottle of irRESISTible Ink (Danube Blue) and 
dripped it over the paper next.

I torn a page out of an old novel and used inks & stains to age it before
layering it under the distressed edge of the patterned paper.

The chipboard from Southern Ridge Trading Co is amazing and can be altered by painting,
staining, spraying, ink. It can also be distressed by sanding. The photo on the left shows the chipboard after one layer of paint. The one on the right shows the chipboard after 2 coats of paint.

After the paint was completely dried, I took my sanding tool and roughed up 
the paint before adding some Ground Espresso Distess Ink with a blending tool.
The butterfly on the right was first sprayed with Prima Color Bloom
 (Summer Sky) then I stamped over it with a texture stamp &
Ground Espresso Distress Ink.


I distressed the Found Relative Card by sanding & inking it. I used the Tim Holtz 
Distress Tool on the edges then inked the edges with Ground Espresso Distress Ink 
and a blending tool. I then spritzed some ink over the card.

You can see this layout on display at The Scrap Shack in Ponoka, Alberta.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Julia, love the tattered layers and the blue chipboard pieces really focus the eye on your lovely Found Relatives image. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!