Wednesday 24 August 2016

Crazy about Crazy Dogs!

I was so excited to pick up my Crazy Dogs stamp set from Debbie's Scrap Shack last week 
& couldn't wait to make a few cards with them. 


I started by stamping my images with Versamark on to watermark paper &
embossed it with superfine black embossing powder.

I coloured my images with Distress Markers and my water pen. I masked off
the image and sprinkled some Color Burst from Ken Oliver. A spritz of water and Bam! Those fantastic colours just pop! Gorgeous, right?
I love these! They create a fantastic background.

A sentiment stamp then adhered to my card base and I have a a quick & easy card!

Using the exact same techniques, I made 5 more cards.

Some I made with certain people in mind - just waiting for the perfect occasion. 


This stamp reminds me of my dog, Dakota. So I am sure I will use it the most.

This card explains my life everyday!






13 comments:

  1. These are SO MUCH FUN! I cannot wait to get the stamps. You make them look so easy! I love simple cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all!! Seeing your amazing cards makes me think I should get these stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely awesome cards! Thanks for all the details on how you created them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely awesome cards! Thanks for all the details on how you created them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards are so cool and especially cuz I love dogs. Thanks for all the technique tips

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards! So much fun :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well these are brilliant. Great stamps but the colouring in is simply fantastic. I wish I was so talented as this. I've been a stamper for about 3 months now and often leave them uncoloured as I don't get the colours working properly lol. Thankyou for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are wonderful and I love the fact that they're easy! I'm curious to know what stamp company made the stamp, "We've been through a lot together...and most of it was your fault!"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl! Thanks so much for your comment! Isn't that sentiment awesome?!?! It's from Viva Las VegaStamps ~ vlvstamps.com ~ they have the most most amazing & unique selection of stamps. You should definitely check them out. ~ julia ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great cards with brilliant sentiments.
    These stamps have been on my wish/wanted list for a while now so think I will treat myself.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia I love your cards! They just popped up on my pinterest page. I love your backgrounds and your sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all these cards!!! I took my set out again recently, and are planning A new set. Love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!