Thursday 14 July 2016

All The J's - any my final canvas in my family series

Well, this series of canvases have been a lot of fun to make.
It has also helped me use up A LOT of chipboard letters I have been hoarding in my stash.

This canvas features a recent photo of myself that my husband took during our last trip out to 
Lake Louise, Alberta.

Before we get to the process photos here is the finished canvas ~

For this canvas I used Dylusions Ink Spray in Postbox Red and Distress Spray Stain in Carved Pumpkin & Wilted Violet.

Once I was done with the sprays and dried the entire canvas with my heat tool - I starting applying Distress Ink with a blending tool.

Next, it was time to apply some texture stamps with Archival Ink.

At this point, I took a small paint brush and gesso and painted the entire background leaving the letters. It helped blend the background colours and make the letter pop.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo. Ooops.

My focal point consisted of paper and flowers from the Prima Stationers Desk line.
They worked perfectly with the canvas. The metal bee embellishment was another stash find.



3 comments:

  1. Julia, I love your canvas! Great background and a clever way to use those chippies! I have a ton of those, too. Hmmmm. Beautiful layout with a gorgeous photo to top it all off! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing Julia, love the lettered background and the stamping and gesso really makes the letters pop. A beautiful picture and flowers to finish it off beautifully, thank you for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful project. I'm inspired! I love the way you have blended the inks together and I didn't notice the little metal bee at first but it's a great touch around the flowers which look gorgeous. You've given me some great ideas for making some really personal gifts for people.

    Hannah Sullivan @ Goarty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!