Thursday 25 February 2016

Lucky Clover - Emerald Creek Dare

It's time for a new Dare at Emerald Creek!

This time we want you to think Irish, greens, lucky clover, pot o'gold & leprechauns.

My project is a 4x4 canvas ~ made using watercolour paper and chipboard.
I added a sheet of thin magnet to the back and now it has a new home on the side of my fridge.
Just a little something to remind me of how lucky I really am.

I started with my 4x4 piece of 140lb cold press watercolour paper and 3
shades of blue Distress Stain - Tumbled Glass, Broken China & Peacock Feathers.
I smooshed all 3 colours of stain onto my splat mat before dragging my watercolour paper through it several time, drying the paper with my heat gun in between.

Once I was happy with it I adhered the watercolour paper to my chipboard base and inked the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I added some random stamping around the edges and some gold transfer foil.

Next I started working on my focal point ~ I used the medium sized heart stamp from the Dina Wakely Collaged Heart stamp set & Staz-On ink pad to create my 4-leaf clover on watercolour paper.
I decided to use Twinkling H20 Shimmer paints to colour my clover. I haven't used my Twinkling H20's is forever and loved the shimmery look my clover ended up with!
I fussy cut my clover out before using the blunt end of my Sizzix quilling tool to 'shape' my clover leaves.

I used the Paddy stamp from Emerald Creek. I coloured him with Twinkling H20's as well before cutting him out. I just love how he is peeking out from behind the cloverleaf.

Thank you for dropping by my blog today and I hope my project has you feeling lucky.
Visit the rest of the Design Team Blogs for more Lucky Clover Dare Inspiration
and share your project with us at Emerald Creek Dares



Products used:

Emerald Creek Stamp


Distress Stain: Tumbled Glass, Broken China Peacock Feathers
Watercolour Paper
Dina Wakely Collaged Hearts Stamp set
Twinkling H20's 

6 comments:

  1. I love Lyle!! :) Your clover is so incredible...like you just picked it from a field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas! The clover and Lyle is amazing!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hearts are so awesome in this way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing procedure, love the way you used Dina's heart stamp for making clover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project Julia, love the background and your wee leprechaun peeking out from the lucky clover is perfect! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun and awesome sauce magnet you have created. Love the depth to the clover and the little guy peeking over it is fantabulous! Marvelous design! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!