Monday 30 November 2015

Authentic Beauty....DeStash #3

It's time for more de-stashing and this week it's all about those teeny, tiny Prima flowers that came in those amazing milk bottles. I didn't physically count how many of those little suckers were in the bottle but I guesstimate around a million. Yes, it was definitely time to start using those.

I am also using #2 of the 3 metal frames from Prima. When I first bought this frame I knew I wanted to use it to feature a photo of my daughter, Breanna. I then went through  my stash of flowers & metals bits and made sure my hot glue gun was plugged in.
I also grabbed this brand new die cut from Southern Ridge Trading Company.
 It's so beautiful as a wreath but I needed it to frame the outer edge of my frame so I cut it apart.
I then stained it, and applied some my favourite Hot Stuff Embossing Powders from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies. I used mostly Burnt Coppers Leaves  with just a sprinkling of Oil Rubbed Bronze.
I then started gluing on those teeny Prima flowers. And I kept gluing. And gluing. I still have a tonne of those suckers left.
 Just before starting to assemble my frame I stenciled the removable back 
with inks and paint just to add a bit more depth.
I used a lot of little bits of bobs including a few Flower Link Charms from Emerald Creek. 

Here is finished frame.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!
~~stay crafty~~

5 comments:

  1. oh em gee!! This is gorgeous Julia!! I wish I had a stash like yours!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cathy! And be careful what you wish for. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! It is absolutely gorgeous Julia.
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this all came together Julia, I love the colours and embellishments, it sure is beautiful, Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!