Tuesday 6 October 2015

The Journey......Art Journal Layout

I started an art journal a year or so ago and somehow, somewhere along the way I stopped.
I got into the habit of over-planning and over-thinking every creative project instead of just letting the creativity flow naturally.
I decided I just needed to sit down with my art journal and just let the ideas happen.
No planning. No thinking.

























It was so refreshing and it reminded why I began an art journal in the first place.
This page a little bit of everything - painting with a brush and some with my fingers; stamping, stencils; texture paste;distress stains; metallic paint; gesso & rub-ons.
From start to finish this took me 45 minutes to finish including the drying time.

Hello, Art Journal. It's nice to see you again.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!
I really appreciate it.

 

Challenges submitted:

A Vintage Journey: Art Journalling With Tim

5 comments:

  1. I love your page spread - the colours are beautiful, and there are so many details, textures and layers to capture the eye. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journal page Julia, gorgeous colours and love the vintage bits of ephemera. Hope you keep journaling, I'd love to see more! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is beautiful! Great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the orange and green mix here - and the wonderful stenciling - I too tend to over think when I try to journal - so glad you tried again - this is lovely! thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your journalling pages Julia and the details are amazing, so much to look at.
    Great to have you on board with us at AVJ this month.

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!