Tuesday 21 July 2015

a Venti Pike Place engagement.....

Engagements between two amazing people are always an exciting & wonderful time...and this one is very special because one half of this engaged couple is my little sister, Jessica.

Simon & Jess ~ Seattle June 2015


The other thing that made this engagement amazing is that Simon planned it as a surprise - everyone knew about it for a month before the actual event happened. I'm so very proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut even though I was absolutely bursting with excitement!

The happy couple met for the first time at a Starbucks in Calgary & the plan was to surprise her with a weekend getaway to Seattle & propose at the very first Starbucks at Pike Place Market. All though the actual "popping of the question" didn't happen there it was still very memorable and romantic. 

I knew as soon as I heard the plan of the engagement from Simon that I had to make a Starbucks themed card for them.

I bought this cool Starbucks stamp at Viva Las VegaStamps
 and knew that it would be perfect with the Fresh Brewed Die from Tim Holtz & Sizzix.





I little burlap & die cut words from the Friendship Script thinlits die set finished it off perfectly.







Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.

I love reading your comments & checking out your blogs!

stay crafty

~~~julia~~~


challenges entered:

Viva Las VegaStamps: July ~ a bit o'vintage
  

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! I love your card and the stamp is amazing. I was hoping to get to Viva Las Vegas Stamps when I was there last week. But they were closed on the day I had time. Next year...I need this stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!